Melissa Bulshteyn is a driven attorney who concentrates her practice in estate planning and estate and trust administration. She was sworn in the fall of 2021 after graduating from Chicago-Kent College of Law where she was vice president and a founding member of the Health Law Society. Melissa also served as a clinician in the Federal Health Litigation Clinic and was executive editor for the Seventh Circuit Review.
During her time as a law clerk and paralegal, Melissa analyzed issues of liability and damage arising from commercial transportation and logistics cases, and conducted legal research on cases involving licensure of healthcare professionals.
Melissa volunteers for an annual 5k for a local cancer charity and is fluent in Russian.
- Estate Planning
- Estate + Trust Administration
- Cali Honor and Excellence Award for Legal Writing | 2020
- Illinois | 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois | 2021
- Chicago-Kent College of Law | J.D. | 2021
- Lake Forest College | B.A. | 2018
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS + MEMBERSHIPS
- Illinois State Bar Association | Member
- WealthCounsel | Member
- American Bar Association | Member
- Chicago Bar Association | Member
- Northwest Suburban Estate Planning Council | Member
- Chicago Estate Planning Council | Member
- DuPage County Estate Planning Council | Member
- Seventh Circuit Review | Executive Editor, Fall 2020
- “Assessment of neuronal ion channels and their alterations in specific mutations of Landau-Kleffner Syndrome”
2018 Eukaryon Undergraduate Journal of Life Sciences | 2018
- Fluent in Russian